The central depository carries out activities of depositary accounting and servicing of circulation of securities located in Ukraine and abroad and corporate transactions of the issuer on client’s securities accounts in accordance with the competence for accounting of securities established by the Law “On the Depository System of Ukraine”.
The clients of the Central Depository are issuers, the National Bank of Ukraine, depository institutions, correspondent depositories, clearing institutions and Clearing Center.
The depositary assets for the CSD are global certificates of securities and temporary global certificates of securities, certificates of immovable bearer securities, as well as records on securities accounts of the Central Depository at depositaries of other countries and at international depository clearing institutions.
The exclusive competence of the Central Depository includes:
1) the enrollment of securities (in addition to securities belonging to the competence of the National Bank of Ukraine) into the system of depositary records, their accounting and storage, as well as write-offs of securities in connection with their repayment and / or cancellation;
2) keeping records of issuer’s obligations on securities of own issues (except for securities that are within the competence of the National Bank of Ukraine) in respect of each issue of securities on the basis of the deposit of a global certificate and / or a temporary global certificate;
3) the storage of global certificates and temporary global certificates (in addition to global certificates and temporary global certificates of securities issues that are within the competence of the National Bank of Ukraine);
4) implementation of the numbering (codification) of securities in accordance with international norms, keeping a register of codes of securities (international identification numbers of securities);
5) the compilation of registers of holders of registered securities (except for securities that are within the competence of the National Bank of Ukraine);
6) storage of information about persons designated for the issuance of the register of holders of registered securities;
7) receipt of income and other payments on transactions of issuers (including those placed and circulating outside Ukraine) to the account of the Central Depository, opened at the Clearing Center for their further transfer to recipients;
8) the opening and maintenance of securities accounts of issuers, the National Bank of Ukraine, depositary institutions, correspondent depositories, clearing institutions and the Clearing Center;
9) keeping a securities account of a depositary institution which has terminated its depositary activity or which has canceled an appropriate license for an offense in the securities market or in another case determined by the Commission, as well as responsible storage of documents, databases, copies of databases, archives of depository databases institution, information about its depositors, who in accordance with the established procedure did not close their accounts in securities, and securities which were accounted on their accounts, and the provision of information on the state of such accounts the bottom of the law;
10) the establishment of uniform unified rules (standards) for the display and transmission of information on the accounting and circulation of securities, servicing of corporate actions of issuers and other information that is entered into the system of depositary records;
11) introduction of international standards for the issue of depository activities;
12) control over clients in respect of the conduct of their depositary activities in the order and within the limits established by the Law “On the Depository System of Ukraine”.
The Central Depository may provide services to the issuer for the organization and holding of a general meeting of shareholders. He may also carry out individual banking operations on the basis of a license for the execution of certain banking transactions received in the manner determined by the National Bank of Ukraine.
The Central Depository may perform other activities not prohibited by law.